Monday, April 8, 2013

Too Quick

Wow! What do I say? This week has snuck up on us fast and I do not like it at all. My emotions are taking a toll this week. I have so many mixed emotions. Excited, scared, happy, sad, EVERYTHING! I don't know what to do with myself. I have really enjoyed these past few weeks being able to squeeze my little man, and hold and cuddle with him because I know once this cast is on this is going to be very difficult to do.
My mind is going 100 miles a minute. The things I need to do to prepare myself for this and the things I need to prepare around the house when we get back from our first trip up to Shriner's and back. I pray that he will get used to this thing fast and it won't be as difficult as I am planning on it being. I am not prepared mentally or physically for the things to come on Thursday. Wednesday is the pre-op and I of course will update you guys right after that and also Thursday as the day goes on.
I have joined the Infantile Scoliosis Group and get e-mails everyday from mothers who are experiencing this same thing and have talked to Amanda Medlin who is another mom going through this. Her son Logan, just got put in his last cast and I could just feel the excitement for her through the e-mail that she sent stating the doctor just told her that this WILL be the last cast EVER. And knowing that one day I will hear the same words and it will fly by faster than I think makes me ecstatic!!!
This is a lot harder than others think it is. Knowing that your baby has to be put to sleep every 6 weeks to be put in his little cast breaks my heart but I know that this is a good thing. For example, Dr. Pete's assistant told us they had a boy come in the week before we did who was born with Infantile Scoliosis and never did anything about it. He was 15 years old and his degree was at 110, he wasn't able to walk up a set of stairs and one lung never developed so he would never be able to play any type of sport which broke my heart to pieces. Knowing that if we hadn't have caught this when we did Camden couldn't have played a sport, or ran around on the playground but now we are getting the help we need and he will be able to do all of those things even with his cast on. Send up your prayers this week for Camden, my husband and I as we take on the first cast! Also, prayers for our families that we can all stay strong for Camden through this!
I will update you guys again on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment