Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Better Late Than Never

I have been meaning to get on here since Saturday to post something but it's been so hectic around here it's been hard. All we have done is hang out with Camden this week and also trying to get into a routine with this cast. Bathing is more difficult and you pretty much have to wrestle him to change his diaper. Also, just a wipe down is hard since he's into EVERYTHING. So it's been an adjustment but we've coped and so has Camden.
Our first night home with this cast was uhmm.. AWESOME! Yes, I said AWESOME!
Although he was a little fussy at times he was just getting in the groove.
We went to dinner that night with my husband's cousin, Camden sat in the highchair at the restaurant and let all of us eat while he played his smack the table game. HA HA!
We had some storms that night, and I DON'T sleep through storms so of course we were all up. Camden fell asleep about 11:00P.M and of course the first night in the cast the power goes out, so there is no AC, I freak out because I don't want him getting hot. But thankfully the power was back on in about an hour and little man slept until 10:00A.M. And again, YES, I said 10:00A.M. I was floored. Although he did wake up a few times in the night trying to get settled and comfortable and I tried helping him a few times but he was so good.
Friday was a bad day for me, I was alone with him for the first time since this, so I was a tad bit nervous but I'm his mommy so I had to be strong for him.
Our t.v. was out all day long so I thought I was going to go INSANE! Camden wouldn't let me leave his side, or get anything done so mainly my Friday was getting all the love I could from my sweet baby because I knew that it wouldn't last long after he got used to the cast. So we pretty much laid around all day and I got a little laundry done, and we took a nap which I ENJOYED very much!
 Over the weekend he was a tad fussy but nothing that we couldn't handle or calm him down over. Other than that he has been great! He's learning how to sit on his bottom like a big boy again, he already rolls back and forth and back and forth, and jumps in his jumparoo like he used to before!
 We even went to the grocery store and he sat in the buggy like a big boy and didn't whine the entire time!
Oh and you can't even tell the kid has his cast on, buuuut he does!--
so here's to a HAPPY MOMMY!


This child is so unbelievable to me and just so happy all the time!
 Although I know that some days will be harder than others for all of us, I have to remember that he is getting better one day at a time.

I feel so blessed to have everything God has given me these days. I am thankful for Infantile Scoliosis for my baby, and not something permanent because like I've said before I pray for those mommies who have to cope with the permanent things every single day, it breaks my heart to even think about what they are going through but just remember God never gives you anything that you can't handle and now I believe that. When Camden was diagnosed I was in denial, I prayed and prayed ALL THE TIME that God would change this and that I knew then that I couldn't handle something likes this.
Every single time I thought about "Casting" and all of the things that came along with it I would just break down. It was so hard! But now, I could talk to you about it all day everyday and not even shed a tear.
I am so thankful for Heather Hyatt Montoya (creator of Infantile Scoliosis Outreach Program) because if we didn't have her, I wouldn't get the chance to get to know all the mommy's that are going through this too.
I am so overwhelmed with joy in knowing that I will be able to help other mom's too(which I've already done for one) and reaching out to talk to people, get to know parents and children that are having bad experiences like we did, or ones that need my opinion on doctors, or the hospital's(if I am familiar with them). I actually got to answer my 2nd e-mail today from a mom who needs more information about Infantile Scoliosis. I could sit here and type all night long but I know you guys would probably get bored of my stories but I will be updating again soon when something else interesting happens or I have something on my mind that I would LOVE to share!
Goodnight!

Happy Baby+Happy Life in his cast= ONE HAPPY MOMMY :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I just found your blog through another scoliosis mom's blog. My daughter is 9 months old and had her first cast put on March 25. Just wanted to say hi and I hope everything is going well for you guys! Its pretty amazing how resilient these kids are :-)

    ReplyDelete