Tuesday, March 5, 2013

You Learn Somthing New Everyday

On Friday, January 18th, 2013 we had an appointment with Camden's pediatrician a week ago, she scheduled us to take him to have an x-ray done on his back. So, that was the deed for today. Camden had his x-ray done and was not very fond of being held down or to sit still for 2 minutes. He hated that so much! But he was also very hungry on top of that. I've been in denial, my child was born perfectly fine in our eyes. Although he did weigh 9 pounds even, which was hard on this mommy. He stayed in the hospital a week after he was born because he was sick and they had to treat him with antibiotcs so with him being a newborn baby they had to keep him for 7 days. Don't you think that is enough? Well it wasn't. Late December we discovered that he would lean more to one side than the other, that's when the x-ray was ordered and now we are here.
We got to look at the x-ray and the first thing I said "yep, there's that curve". The x-ray was sent back to Camden's pediatrician where she would call me and give me the diagnosis. A few hours went by and I recieved the phone call that was on my toes about all afternoon. "Camden does have a little bit of scoliosis but it will be okay! He will just have to wear a brace and it will straighten his back out". Only to find out that I was about to learn about something that I have NEVER heard of before.

Camden's first x-ray that was done on January 18th, it was measured at a 33 degree angle.


No comments:

Post a Comment