Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Answers

I guess I forgot to mention in my last post that Camden was born on his due date, September 5, 2012 at 8:10 p.m. Yes, I was in labor ALL DAY. So this post would put him at 4 months old, poor baby. Can't catch a break!
Camden's pediatrician schedule us to go see an orthopedist so on Monday, January 21st since the curve was a 33 degree angle according to Children's Hospital in Atlanta. I was really looking forward to this appointment to find some kind of answer as to why Camden's back was this way. When we got to the appointment, we were the only ones in the waiting room. I felt like we waited FOREVER! We finally got to the back and met Dr.William Schmitt, he informed us that Camden's back was only a 23 degree angle, to do some stretches with him and to come back in 3 months and we would go from there. I was so relieved by this, it made me so happy to learn that my baby didn't have scoliosis and that stretches would help this. Well any mother would want a second opinion from any doctor even if they do tell you the same thing just so you are at ease with the whole situation. Some of these doctors are not as smart as they seem. So a few days passed by and we made an appointment to go to Shriner's Hospital in Greenville, South Carolina to see doctor Pete Stasikelis who is the BEST doctor known to man on February 6th.  I was still in denial about the whole thing because I never thought something like this could ever happen to us but again I knew this is what we needed to do for Camden.  

No comments:

Post a Comment