Saturday, March 9, 2013

Stressful

We had the MRI done on February 27th at Children's at Egleston this is one thing that I was so stressed out about. I had so many mixed emotions I didn't know how to feel on that day. I couldn't feed Camden after 8:00 that morning so that was scary and nerve racking because those who know the kid loves to eat! While we were out that way we decided to take advantage of this and take a visit to The Varsity(Camden's first trip). He did so awesome! I was such a proud momma because he never whines or fusses about anything especially when he couldn't eat for so long. We finished up and headed over to the hospital to get this over with. His appointment was scheduled for 1:00, we signed in and had to wait to register him. We proceeded downstairs where they took him back to the little baby rooms, with the little baby hospital beds. The nurse had to check all of his vital signs and make sure he was well enough to be put under anesthesia(which he was).
He was in the clear so now they had to stick him with the IV (in his foot since he likes to suck on his fingers and hands), he HATED that and I was just fine throughout that. The doctor came in and talked to us about what was about to happen and that's when I felt that terrible lump in my throat and that nauseated feeling in my stomach. I was about to see my baby be put to sleep and taken away from me for about an hour, this was so scary. No mom deserves that feeling at all. As he laid there asleep I just cried and cried, I was put in the scariest situation I have ever been in. I gave him a small kiss on the forehead and walked into the waiting room.
An hour had passed and the nurse came out to get me. I asked her before I walked back if he was awake, she said "he's awake, but his eyes are still closed" I was so nervous about this. I wondered if he was going to get sick, or be very ill. As I walked back he was lying there rolling around and as happy as could be but his eyes were still shut. I picked him up trying to keep him from his head falling back or forward. He ate his bottle right away, and his eyes opened up and he was back to the happy baby he normally is, so that was a relief after that we were released to go home.
A few days later we got the results it came back NEGATIVE!!! No tethered spine or anything wrong  with it. Just a massive curve! We got all the results and the MRI photos and have to go back to Dr. Stasikelis at Shriner's on March, 6th for him to take another x-ray and read the MRI. And again, I had a lump in the back of my throat.
These are some photos of Camden right before his MRI...




Here are the results from Camden's MRI. They are pretty self explanatory:


No comments:

Post a Comment