Monday, August 19, 2013

Little man gets cast #3!

The time has flown. I cannot believe that we are already on cast number 3!
I just can't believe at one time I was bawling my eyes out hoping this wasn't true and now i am so glad that I went ahead with the things I did or Camden would be in a rut and I also would feel like a terrible mother.
The morning of Camden's cast we usually have to be there at 6:00AM since he is the youngest one to be casted in the hospital he can't go that long without eating.
We arrived right at 6:00AM and without any hesitation's we were straight upstairs and we were getting prepared for him to be taken back. I had asked the nurse earlier that week if they were able to use the IV anesthesia instead of the gas because I felt like it made him ill when he woke up and just out of the ordinary and mommies always know best! So they were able to do that which made me happy because like I said mom's know best!
They took him back about 7:45, and he was done about 9:00. Dr. Pete has the hang of this whole casting thing. When you do it for so long you get in a routine of it and it just becomes a habit.
Camden came down on a bed this time when normally they bring him down carrying him. He was still sleeping so good, I picked him up off the bed and he woke up. He was a little irritated that he couldn't get completely woken up but he was such a trooper and was able to wake up and he was back to his normal self just an hour after he woke up. My dad(Camden's amazing paw paw) pulled him around the hospital in the wagon which Camden absolutely LOVED. Every time he would stop he would moan a little bit but he was great while he was pulling him all over the place. We got in the car to head home and he was sleeping good until we got home, then he was ready play. He's such a sweet pumpkin and I cannot believe that he is almost a year old.
We go back September 26th for cast #4!!
I will post pictures as soon as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment